Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Sister's Birthday Party

Last week, or the week before that, my sister turned 9. Today, she's having her birthday party. It seems quite a long while to wait, which got me thinking why did she need a birthday party anyway?

Answer: To go to Frankie's Fun Park, eat cake, see her friends, and get more presents.

I'm not opposed to the whole seeing-her-friends thing, but when you think about it, it seems redundant at best, selfish at worst. Me, I like having a sleepover on my birthday with my 2 best friends, nothing big, maybe some ice cream and a movie. I'm sorry, but the concept of birthday parties seems somewhat over-the-top. That's just my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. So true about birthday parties seeming over-the-top. Especially when you get to a certain age. It's much more fun to do something quiet and small like that with a few close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see both sides... if you could add laser tag to a standard sleepover I think that would be a fair compromise.

    ReplyDelete