Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy (not really) Fourth of July!

It's odd, isn't it?

For those of you who didn't know, some vandals broke into our neighborhood pool on the night of July 3, and broke glass in and around it. It was pretty bad, because we here in Wellsley have a huge pool party for Independence Day. My family was shocked, but we pulled ourselves together and had a great backyard party with some close friends. I assumed that the other residents acted similarly, but apparently some people were really upset by the cancellation(and had spent much money on supplies, granted), because now they decided to celebrate today.

On August 22nd.

You'd think, if they had to reschedule it, they would do it immediately after the pool was cleaned up, but in late August? I didn't go, by the way, but the rest of my family did. I never really felt that attached to the party. Happy Fourth of July! (Ha, ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment