Sunday, August 29, 2010

Swimming with the Lake Weeds


This morning I went down to Harris Lake with Dad and a lot of other people to do the one-mile Nuclear Swim. It's called that because the lake is next to the Sharon Harris power plant. It was fun, except there was a lot of "lake grass," even in the middle of the lake. I came in second in my age group, so I got a little plaque with a radioactive symbol on it :-). Dad didn't come in last.




My Time: 40 min
Dad's Time: 36 min
Winning time: 21 min

It was great and I want to do it next year!
P.S. 1 mile may not seem like a lot, but in swimming it really is.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! =0)

    A word of warning, though--it's not necessarily a good idea to put your picture out on the Internet. I just don't want to see bad things happen . . .

    ReplyDelete